a presentation given to the RA Photo Club
The Theatre serves up intense images – fabulous scenes, sets, dramatic poses, human drama and subtle expressions. Mike takes us on a journey through theatrical photography. This presentation is a mix of history, portfolio and how-to techniques.
Some of the things covered in this presentation:
- So many reasons to shoot – How photography is used in the Theatre
- Visual characteristics the Theatre – A highly distinctive, influential look
- Theatre’s Influence on Photography – A studio is a “flash” version of the stage
- Live production photography – The play’s the thing
- Character photography – We dress up and play make believe
- Studio Photography – Marketing, marketing, marketing
You can download a .pdf version of the presentation here.