a presentation given to the RA Photo Club
Everyone has a camera at the ready these days, but a camera does not a photographer make. Mike draws on four plus decades as an artist and photographer to distill twenty concise insights on photography and being a photographer.
Over the years, hundreds of accumulated details and bits of information slowly form up into patterns. I tried to sweep a few things into piles and summarize it as a concise principle.
A sampling of the principles introduced includes:
- It’s not about the Subject, it’s about the Image
- Don’t dilute Great with Good
- “Impact” is an Emotional reaction
- A Camera is a Musical Instrument that a Photographer Plays
- Don’t point a Camera, point a Workflow
- Crop until you Can’t
You can download the .pdf of the presentation.
Always great fun to be a part of things at the RA Photo Club – this evening was no exception – even if I did get an emergency tech support phone call from Ottawa Little Theatre 10 minutes before I was to start talking – but the show must go on! Lol.